washing your hands

4:49 PM

Dear you
I never know with you
Remember that time when we danced and we laughed as hard as ever and I tried to eat a whole ceasar salad but my eyes were bigger than my stomach?
I hadn't seen you in months and I was glad to hear from you again.
We posed for your dad and I lost my lipstick that I bought for way too much
But it's hard to be angry when there's loud music and I'm in a nice dress. 
Time stopped somewhere between the tango and the raining money.
It was nice while it lasted.

And you gave me a handshake only it wasn't a handshake..

I saw you later and you wouldn't stop rambling 
And whether it was from nerves or how much you wanted to leave I couldn't tell. 
Your hair didn't fool me but your dimples almost did.
So I wish you well and H.A.G.S. 

ps I don't regret that handshake

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This felt different, in a good way.

    "But it's hard to be angry when there's loud music and I'm in a nice dress."

    And that part about the handshake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this because its unique. I admire everything about this post.

    (P.S. your music taste is flawless. You can never go wrong with tracy chapman)

    ReplyDelete