Bad Chinese food

12:11 PM

"A new relationship is about to blossom"



I was an ignorant 10th grader who didn't know better
But you did
You told me your name and gave me a ride because I was too young to drive and too young to care.
I liked those mysterious brown eyes and your fast manual car because at that age two seats on four wheels is the most impressive thing a guy can have.




So you called and you texted and I saw my friends less and less but I didn't care.
You had a way with words and I loved how you teased



I think my heart overtook my mind because the teasing went too far and I said I was in love so I told myself it was okay
Only now I know that you calling me fat wasn't funny and takes more than a laugh to shake that off.

But I guess ignorance is bliss and the bliss only lasts as long as you're a fool

I wish I would've figured that out earlier or read THAT in a fortune cookie.



So let the said relationship blossom and consume me because 
that
didn't
count.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. really enjoyed all of it. "But I guess ignorance is bliss and the bliss only lasts as long as you're a fool"
    but I enjoyed that the most. well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ignorance is bliss" something I've come to delight in.

    Also: Don't you think it's funny how false "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me?" became?

    ReplyDelete