pancakes & college

11:10 PM




"You said don’t lie so I made the truth"

I made pancakes today.

"Seemed like a lie to even you"

*I tried to make pancakes today.

but if I'm being completely honest, they weren't very good.

I feel so high maintenance because I had my mom make them.

I'm mostly worried for college because I don't even like Ramen Noodles.

and you can only dry shampoo it for so long
before you have to actually buy more shampoo. 

so we'll see how long I last.


"oh, I’m guaranteed to lose my mind"

I like change just as much as the next person 

and dying happens but the real trial is learning how to live with it.


"It's dangerous to speak and sigh"

Don't worry because lightning never strikes in the same place twice.

But today it hit like thirty times.


"You might know what I’m trying to hide"

I don't have all the answers and I don't know if I want them yet.

Just like how we don't know if pancake mix expires or not.

"I bought the book but didn't flip the page"

and darling,

old habits die hard.

and we're looking for syrup in all the wrong places.






You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. matt corby... i love him. This was very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But today it hit like thirty times."

    Pancakes and lightning, but so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't worry because lightning never strikes in the same place twice.
    But today it hit like thirty times."

    My God. This line really got me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "we're looking for syrup in all the wrong places" brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True @ dry shampoo part

    #youllsee

    ReplyDelete