concrete feelings

7:31 PM

you scare me 

my heart can't handle your dimples and how you throw your head back when you laugh

I'm more nervous to talk to you than to take the ACT or apply to college.
Scratch that.
Nothing's scarier than applying to college.
but you come pretty dang close.

I seriously get anxiety and probably more than is healthy
as if any anxiety at all is healthy

my mood ring is purple and that means romance
so let's roll with that. 

I'm no electrician 
but I know this is a good kind of electricity that we have

and I want nothing more than for you to
hold my heart

it's beating for you anyways.



But let's not talk about that.

Let's talk about how humans sneeze when they walk into the sun 

And how we'll never know how long balloons last in the sky
once they've been let go of

And how bricks are thrown everyday from all of the 
snarky comments and petty remarks


Let's talk about how ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD 
(and by dead I mean on missions)

Let's talk about how nothing feels more concrete than when you're holding the one you love.

Because the best moments are the ones where his heartbeat is 
louder than the movie. 



and now I've collected enough bricks to build myself a house
and who knows if you want any part of me. 

Someone else said you get just as nervous as I do.

but I lost my mood ring so I don't know how I feel about that.

"Every ring is a mood ring when you feel nothing" --Lorde


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. all my friends are dead too. (on missions)

    ReplyDelete
  2. but i lost my mood ring so i don't know how i feel about that. FREAK YES FREAKING FREAK YES

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no electrician

    but I know this is a good kind of electricity that we have

    this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and I want nothing more than for you to
    hold my heart"

    and the mood rings>>>>

    ReplyDelete