young volcanoes

10:28 PM

"we are wild, we are like young volcanoes"-Fall out Boy


Sadie's was gr8 don't get me wrong 
but you are impossible to read.
and I can read everyone.
bella and edward lol
K but I refuse to be the lifeless, emotionless girl who doesn't get it. and you're not a cold hearted person.
I don't know whether or not to text you like you told me or walk up to the door and actually knock like a real person.
because sooner or later 
kids won't know why we say things like
"hang up the phone"
"roll up the window"
"hold your horses"

Because technology is advancing fast 
like that girl is with you
and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous.
But just for tonight you're mine 
and sorry if that sounded a little creepy
but I just don't really know what I'm doing anymore.


we choreographed a dance 
just in case there was a dance circle 


because #1 its hilarious 
and #2 senior year

but there wasn't a circle.
and there's always a circle.

Sadie's is stressful. & don't even get me started with preference.
You give me a headache like the colored lights at the dance because one minute you're flirty and the next you're silent.

It's almost like we're five years old again and the floor is lava
jumping from couch to couch making up the rules as we go.
in our case, I've tripped and you pull me up just to push me back in yourself.
almost just for the satisfaction.
so you could say I'm reasonably hurt but weirdly I feel like you're still wrapped around my finger.
and who's to say if its my ring finger or my middle finger.

I overthink things so we're probably fine. 

if there even is a "we"


I'm exploding on the inside just because of the possibility of this.
I've been waiting for someone like you and I know that's just about as cliche as it gets. 
But darling if I've learned anything from the day that felt like a year its that I can't text back,


 and maybe my knuckles will be chipped with my insanity and what your body language told me and possibly with how hard I'm knocking.
but mostly the last one.







You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. my knuckles will be chipped with my insanity
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's almost like we're five years old again and the floor is lava
    jumping from couch to couch making up the rules as we go."
    Good to know I wasn't the only child doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all around yes. this kind of was everywhere and i liked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto everything you said. I'm feeling it all

    ReplyDelete
  5. So.

    I had this post in my top 5 until 7:34am this morning. And then it got bumped (same with Alice Blackwell's Soliloquy post).

    I'm sorry. I freaking love it.

    I just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete